Marketing MBA, innovation lead, global executive, software engineer, speaker, and blogger who delivers cutting-edge, contextual digital experiences across mobile, social, wearable, location-based, gameification and other new and emerging technologies. I bridge the gap between marketing creativity and technological effectiveness.
“The Digital Team” no longer exists in a silo. To create, design, or strategize in today’s digital world you cannot simply read about other peoples’ experiences, you need to experience it for yourself. From an engineering background, to 3D printing, motion cameras, gamification, social, arduino, virtual reality, and now Google Glass, my goal is to experience first, and leverage those experiences to innovate and evolve marketing experiences.
RECENT PROFESSIONAL HISTORY
April 2014 – Present
As digital has permeated throughout all aspects of marketing, healthcare communications, and life in general, and with new technologies consistently bringing forth new opportunities and barriers, my role is to communicate the nuances and complexities in effectively leveraging innovative digital solutions within a global organization and to provide leadership and oversight as marketing strategies become realities.
- Create cutting-edge multi-channel digital experiences through a global network of Innovation Labs
- Assess digital trends strategic future and evaluate the impact on our organization and clients
- Evaluates build vs. buy vs. partner and lead internal build capabilities, partnerships, and certifications
March 2011 – Present
In today’s competitive marketplace organizations need to intimately know, understand, and deliver real contextual value to customers on their terms in an increasingly mobile and social world. To do that, marketers must know, understand, and experience the complex technologies that make it possible. I make that happen.
- Published thought leader and speaker on the future of digital healthcare and marketing
- Created Digital Strategy and User Experience specialties, and founded the Digital Innovation Lab
- Partnered with global OCH offices and mobile@ogilvy, social@ogilvy, commerce@ogilvy, and Ogilvy One
Sept 2010 – March 2011
As the VP, Director of Technology for MRM Worldwide my core responsibility was to support, organize, and grow the digital wing of the organization by overhauling agency process, facilitating interoffice collaboration, cultivating relationships, and growing a strong core technical team.
- Audit and refine internal processes to facilitate interoffice cohesion, gain efficiencies and retain talent
- Identified and evaluated new technologies, vendors, and partnerships based in user experience insights
- Provided leadership and oversight of all development
OTHER POSITIONS INCLUDE
March 2010 – September 2010
As the Associate Director of Technology for a 35-person department and Senior Technical Lead in one of the top five digital agencies in the world, my role was to organize and structure new digital processes, and lead the software engineering teams as we rapidly took on business from one of the largest retailers in the world.
February 2002 – July 2012
As an MBA and professional software engineer I co-founded Seraphim to specialize in innovating Internet marketing applications larger organizations are not agile enough to take on. Working with a variety of clients gave me the opportunity to expand beyond corporate technology management into small business relationship management. Seraphim specialized in online presence, social media, and cloud technologies.
September 2002 – March 2010
As a senior innovator, leader, mentor, and engineer I worked hard to grow the organization and exceed the business needs of our clients by championing innovation and new technology approaches to marketing and pulling the work through as Lead Engineer and Architect on multiple CRM suites.
August 2001 – February 2002
As a team leader, resource manager, role model, and senior engineer in the fast-paced restructuring and rapid growth of a major pharmaceutical Internet solutions company my primary responsibilities included client communication, requirements analysis, lead engineer and architect, mentor, and technical project manager.
November 1995 – March 2000
Senior Site Manager for four computing facilities on two Rutgers campuses. Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of 85 student computer aids, four senior aids, and four assistant site managers, in addition to founding and managing the computer repair team for the Rutgers, New Brunswick student computer labs, and responsibilities for all aspects of the facilities.
RECENT SPEAKING & PUBLISHING
As a digital marketing leader specializing in innovation and user experiences I directly influence the causes, effects, and overall results of multi-channel marketing decisions and, as an MBA, I possess the knowledge and background to understand these decisions, analyze the results, and impart the resulting wisdom to others.
Recent speaking events include:
- Beyond The Pill: The Promise of Connected Health, Intelligent Content Life Sciences & Healthcare
Popular articles include:
- Connected Health Tools Improve Patient Outcomes (contributor), PharmaVOICE, March 2014
- Regulating in the Connected Health World (contributor), PharmaVOICE, March 2014
- Digital Trends Affecting US Health Care [infographic]
- Constant Care, commerce@Ogilvy
- SHOWCASE FEATURE: Marketing: Outcomes, Collaboration, and Digital Are Leading to A New Era In Marketing (contributor), PharmaVOICE, September 2013
- Big Data: It’s Not The Volume It’s The Value, PharmaVOICE, June 2013
HANDS-ON TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
Maker: Makerbot Replicator 2x, Makerbot Replicator, Ultimaker 2, Makerware, Cura, Arduino
Mobile: xCode, Objective-C, Java, ADT, Google Glass, PhoneGap
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Unix, iOS, Android
Databases: MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase
Services: Apache, CQ 5.5, Microsoft IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, WordPress, Drupal, Squid
Applications: Microsoft Project, Adobe Photoshop, (my)eclipse, Microsoft Office, UltraEdit, UEStudio
Technical Project Management: Applications of Web 2.0 to Marketing & Consumer Intimacy, SOA, Requirements analysis, SDLC, project estimation, budget management, client & resource management, team leadership, interviewing & hiring, Internet application architecture, General Server Management & Security, UI & Web Usability
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
MBA, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Silberman College of Business
Jan 2006 – Nov 2008
The Silberman College of Business is an AACSB International accredited College. Our entrepreneurship program has been nationally ranked Top 20 by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur Magazine as well as honored in Princeton Review’s 2007 edition of Best Business Schools.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) (3.93 gpa)
- Concentrations in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society
BS, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Cook College
Sept 1995 – Jan 2000
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Minor, Environmental Business Economics
Google Glass Explorer Program
- Google Glass Explorer
- iPhone and Android Developer
Enterprise JavaBeans and J2EE training certification, Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc (HOTT)
Adobe CQ5.5 Training, part of the Adobe Online Marketing Suite
Jan 2013 – Feb 2013
- Adobe CQ 5.5 Developer Training
- Adobe CQ 5.5 Advanced Developer Training
Nitrox and semi-closed circuit rebreather certified dive master in training scuba diver, Rutgers SCUBA club, guitarist, drummer, recording technician, paintball player, volleyball player, fresh and salt water fisherman, water and snow skier, tennis player, road cyclist. I also host, administer and develop my personal web site initiatives and local network.